Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power for Well Pump

The strong will enslave the smart, and make the smart into servants, and
workers.

With the economy (thank you, Democrats!) I havn't got enough cash flow to do
anything except worry.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

There's a saying "Only the strong survive".
However, I think this one makes more sense.
"Only the Smart survive".

I'm still considering designing or buying a wood powered steam engine.
There's plenty of dead trees nearby. Even if the whole economy
collapsed and there was no electric or gasoline, I could still get water
out of my well and provide other electrical needs. The problem is that
all this stuff is costly to buy or make, and the electric and other
energy companies make sure they take enough of our money so that we can
never afford to buy or build equipment to replace them. So day after
day, year after year, we rely on them and few of us are prepared for the
day the economy collapses or a major disaster wipes out our "sources for
outside power".

With that in mind, I guess the real truth is this.
"Only the Smart (and wealthy) survive". Sad but true!