Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hurricane Sandy looks pretty bad

on Thu, 01 Nov 2012 00:31:09 -0400 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 01:40:35 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

john wrote:

And I bet I can get you a real good deal on a nice car out of NYC.

John

At least the taxis finally got a bath...

Sort of sucks though since they no longer make the CV.

Upstate had MUCH less than forecast. Some gusty wind but less than 1/2"
of rain.
Basically a non-event so far. Power was out for about 17 hrs.

Seen a lot of the folks who REFUSED to evacuate whining that they wanted
to be rescued. My opinion is that if you stayed behind and now need
rescue you should pay for the assist.

Here in northern CT it was pretty much a non-event. For me it turned
over an empty trash can, dropped a few branches, and not much else.
Accuweather and the Governor were telling me that the sky was falling
the whole time.

Didn't even take all my leaves away

I lost power for a couple hours.

OTOH, I'm on the West Coast, so I think that blaming Fronkensturm
("It's not Frankestorm, it is Fronkensturm!") is a bit of a stretch.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the