Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lessons from Sandy

On 10/31/12 10:15 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 09:17:26 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Nice thing about the car. You're fairly sure it runs. And you probably have
some fuel in the tank. Did the TV have static and such on the picture? Or
did it run properly?

A TV or computer is fine on a regular inverter. We have done it a lot.

In fact this was my first generator

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/redneck_power.jpg

Honda engine?
This is one circumstance where farmers would be at a distinct
advantage. Most probably have plenty of fuel on hand. A PTO driven
generator should get them by for some time.
I don't suppose there are many plow jockeys in Hoboken, NJ though.