Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Battery Backup clock radio

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 10/30/2012 05:25 PM, diy savant wrote:
On 10/30/2012 6:12 AM, Michael wrote:
I have two clock/radio television units. Both have battery backups.
I installed fresh 9 volt batteries and when power was restored last
night after a 3 hour outage, the clocks were 8-10 minutes fast. What
gives? I thought the batteries were supposed to maintain the time.
Just curious.

Try one of these. They keep near perfect time whether on internal
battery, generator or grid power.

http://www.amazon.com/EQUITY-40018-I.../dp/B0014KQI10

It probably does keep good time, once set. However, according to the
reviews, it is NOT self-setting.

BTW, I've had a clock like that too. It even pretended to set itself. It never did

I have a similar clock. I don't even know if the battery is replaceable. It
was also about $20. It has so many buttons, two alarms, etc. Even works off
new saving time settings. No touch. It just sits there and works well.

My old clock was a Sony with charging battery. Having to replace a 9 volt
battery every year is costly and troublesome.

Greg