Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Lessons from Sandy

Sounds like you and neighbor need more water storage containers, to fill
when the water is on?

Interesting idea, to plumb in a "share tube". I like it.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Frank" wrote in message

We have a lot of power outages with lines coming here along treed roads.
In one extended one, before I had a generator, this neighbor had to get
water for his toilets from the creek a quarter mile away. When the
power was only out a few hours, they had run out of water to drink or
brush their teeth. Even with a generator, I still keep bottled water
and extra water for flushes. There are times that the well pump is
broken. When that happens I can hook up to a next door neighbor and
I've had them hook up to me.

If you don't have a few bottles of water, a flashlight, or a few extra
batteries, you're a FUBAR loser.