Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Need help connecting actuator switch

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:10:28 +0000, kevlemo
wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a Halloween project with my kids. The idea is simple
-- to have a box filled with candy (and a spooky surprise) that can be
opened using a linear actuator. I purchased a Thomson actuator on EBay
that came attached to an actuator switch (MSC-2041). The switch box
opens and it is already pre-connected to the actuator. Inside are two
additional open terminals labeled "AC COM" and "120 VAC". I am
completely new to this kind of stuff, but I assume this is how you
connect the switch to power.

Can I simply use an old lamp cord to attach to these terminals? If so,
how do I attach? IE Does the black wire go to "AC COM" and the red wire
to "120 VAC", or the reverse? I know this is probably a completely naive
question but after a bunch of research on the web I'm at a loss to find
out how to turn this thing on, and Halloween is just a couple days
away!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Cheers,
-Kevin

|Filename: switch.jpg |
|Download: http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6698|

The white wire is the AC common / neutral. Red, Black, or Blue would be a
hot lead.

?-)