Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
harry harry is offline

Default Lessons from Sandy

On Oct 31, 1:32*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Well, if it's the right group, that is. I've heard
on NYC, the groups spent more time looting
than repairing.

Nice to hear some good people left in the world.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Moe DeLoughan" wrote in message

My next door neighbor owns a welding company. When the neighborhood
had a sustained power outage, she brought one of her big diesel
generators home from the shop and shared it with us. Her house was one
of the most badly hit in the storm, and everybody'd run over there
first and helped clean things up even before attending to our own
problems. Groups handle disasters better than individuals can.

I keep some of this stuff in the house for lighting and cooking in
emergency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campingaz