Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Countertop ideas for a workbench?

My work bench is 1/2 inch CDX. What do you expect to repair? Are you an air
craft mechanic, or what? Mine with 1/2 inch plywood has been plenty fine.

Please put in several power sockets, they come in handy.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"SMS" wrote in message
I tore out the workbench that was in the garage when we bought the house
(too high, too short) and am building a 3' x 10' bench, and it's almost
done, except for the top.

I need to choose a top. I'm thinking of two 36" x 80" solid core doors
cut to 36" x 60" each. These are a big expensive at $65 each, but I
think plywood is too thin, and AB plywood isn't that much less than the
doors.

Any other ideas?