Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Salvaging an Old Cypress House

Last minute decision to salvage the lumber of this old cypress house on the farm, as the area was to be dozed, to clear & clean it. This house isn't too large and we're not sure when it was built, probably in the 30s, 40s or 50s, from previously salvaged lumber. Some of the original lumber was apparently hand hewn beams, resawn into the various joists & rafters used to build this house. The hand hewn signs were on many of the rafter & joist faces.

My nephew and I salvaged 2 trailers and 3 pickup truck loads, along with 2 walnut trees that were downed. We managed a nice cache of lumber, for 2 1/2 days work, but still have a little work to do: Collect and mill that large walnut log.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...7631895405599/

We also have the nail removal to do, not a fun job, but at least we can do that at our leisure.

Sonny