Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default What happens now to the election due to Hurricane Sandy?

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:1c0198loeromtij9fd4fkgeko35fahnv6b@
4ax.com:

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:11:10 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

this election stands a excellent chance of being a tie, electoral
college wise. with congress s gridlocked can you imagine them trying
to decide?

That's a total non-issue. If no candidate receives a majority of the electoral vote, the
decision is made solely by the House of Representatives (see Amendment XII to the
Constitution), and we get President Romney.

this will likely lead to the end of the electoral college and going to
a popular vote

Not going to happen -- that requires amending the Constitution, which requires the
concurrence of 3/4 of the states.

NBC had a scenario where Romney would be President, Biden would be VP.
Hey Joe, would you get me another coffee please!

Possible... but not very likely.