Nova

Default First time bent lamination (kinda long)

Conan The Librarian wrote:

How much do you allow for springback? I've never done bent
lamination, but it's on my list of techniques to try. I've read that
you need to bend past the final arc to compensate, but I have no clue
how much.

Chuck Vance

I used to have a chart stored on my system that estimated the amount of springback when dry bending based on lamination
thickness, radius of the bend and the type of wood used. I lost it somewhere along the line. I believe it originally came
from the Tauton Press "Fine Woodworking" web site. Google groups turns up a dead link to a "springback.htm" file. Searching
their site the chart may have been in "Fine Woodworking", Issue 164, July/August 2003 in an article on page 54:

LAMINATION BENDING
by Lon Schleining
Produce strong, tightly bent parts with minimal springback

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA