Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Klink! Broken glass!

Yeah, not enough light was my impression. I'm not going to invest in more
candles. Going to oil lamps, and propane instead.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message

Utter crap; not enough light, don't last long, and the wick gets funky
halfway through.

I'm surprised you don't aren't making your own out of beeswax; it's
extremely simple, and the beeswax candles don't put out carcinogenics
and CO like the paraffin candles.

You basically need two non-consumable things for votives:

The mold:
http://naturalcrafts.glorybee.com/sh...-6-Cavity.html

The wick thingies:
http://naturalcrafts.glorybee.com/sh...-Wick-Pin.html

Then you get a bag of the wick holders:
http://naturalcrafts.glorybee.com/sh...Wick-Tabs.html

Complete your kit with some wick:
http://naturalcrafts.glorybee.com/sh...ng-Medium.html

and beeswax: (I'll bet you have a local source for beeswax), I'm sure
you already know about melting the wax with a double boiler (I use a big
soup can in an old pot).

Once you make a batch, you'll never be out of candles, or quick gifts
for Christmas/Birthdays. As a side benefit, chicks really dig a man who
makes candles - seriously. ;-

Jon