Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default grinders bite

Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:16:26 +0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

As for the 4" grinder, I never use mine without a firm grip on the grinder
and my other hand firmly holding the auxiliary handle. I have had a couple
kicks over the years but with both hands holding on firmly there was no
harm to me, the tool, or the workpiece.

Someone who doesnt toss the side handle on a 4" grinder in the trash
on opening the box?

Fascinating!

Gunner, who has no side handles on any grinder smaller than 6" and no
grinders with guards still attached. And only (1) ding in 40 yrs of
grinding weldments.

I use the handle on one of the 4" all the time. It's loaded with a wire
wheel that likes to grab.

Both of the polishes were them as well. One is a 3" and the other 9" On
them the handle lets me feel when they are flat on the surface.

--
Steve W.