Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default How long can I run my van without an alternator?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:33:41 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:
Could you gerry rig a spare in the footwell into the fag socket? It
should take some of the load whilst driving and keep the main one going
a bit longer. Unplug when starting of course

Ahh, the automotive equivalent of a mains cable with a plug at both
ends :-)

Wonder what the typical current limit via a fag lighter socket is? Are
they fused these days? Drive for the spark and ECU probably isn't much,
but things like the radiator cooling fans probably need a fair bit.