Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default Mobile Phone _ Atomatic Network (Carrier) or not

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
wrote:

The answer is that O2 are ****e and have poor network coverage. In many
parts of the country they converted analogue cellphone masts to digital and
didn't spend the money on filling in the gaps between base stations. Almost
any other provider - OK Vodafone are also crap - provides better 3G
coverage.

Interesting comment. I switched from O2 to Voda, and have used T-mobile
and Orange in the past. Vodafone is streets ahead of the others for
coverage everywhere I go around here except my parents house where only
O2 works, and only if you stand in the front garden :-)

FWIW I can send and receive texts on this iPhone 4 with only one bar for
signal strength. But I wouldn't touch O2 with yours.

One thought for the OP - the iPhone isn't trying to send the msg as an
iMessage is it (ie, it knows the recipient also has an iPhone?).

That can take ages on a crap data signal (ie, the standard O2 one in my
experience) before it falls back to sending an SMS

Darren