Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default How long can I run my van without an alternator?

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:42:59 PM UTC, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

If your van conks out in the middle of nowhere, you've lost a day's work and
you've still got to get it home or to a garage if you're not with AA.

It's not just the inconvenience of conking out that's a problem, but also systems like the SRS/Airbag self-monitoring function which often have a test for low voltage.

If tripped it may latch the malfunction light, disable the SRS, and require a garage with the right tool to reset it (which might cost).

Mathew