Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default grinders bite

On 10/30/2012 1:10 PM, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:16:48 AM UTC-4, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Nonsense. Youre right. O care is nonsense to the nth degree.

Off topic, but you might want to remember it is Romney's health care plan word for word, with huge profits to big business especially the insurance industry. Ironic that the Republican plan was the only one the Democrats could get passed.

On topic, I don't believe the availability of health care causes any of us to do stupid stuff in the shop. We do stupid stuff either because we really didn't predict what could happen (a grinder will kick?) or because we knew and had a momentary lapse of attention. And it only takes that second of overconfidence to end up hurt.

There is a two-point-something tax on medical device sales that a lot of
folks are howling about....sensitive issue locally. Looking at the big
picture, healthcare in the US is the most expensive anywhere. Private
insurance, M'care, M'caid pay for layer upon layer of healthy profits,
so I'm thinking that part of ACA isn't so bad. When some people cannot
pay for their own care, it comes out of "our" pocket some way....they
delay care until conditions are worse and more complex, then show up at
the ER. So, you want the money coming out of funds paid by USERS of
healthcare, out of your pocket (the raise you would have gotten from
your employer), out of your taxes, or....just let the poor die? That
includes your spouse/parent/grandparent in nursing homes.

Pre-existing conditions are all that hold a lot of people in a job they
would leave but for the problem of getting coverage with a new
employer...might turn out good for biz.

The insurance industry hasn't kept up with the complexity of today's
healthcare, and all of the handicapped kids, chronically ill adults who
are alive because of immensely expensive procedures and equipment.

One new thing is requirement for docs (even my dentist) have go to
entirely electronic medical records....don't know whether it is state or
federal, but gov't. is paying for computer systems for docs. Once they
go electronic, then the bean counters can look at all the diagnostic and
procedure codes, codes for side effects of meds, complications of
surgery, etc., and figure out what works and what doesn't and start
cutting the crap. Just about everyone in my family has received ****ty
care on at least one occasion, and avoided ****ty care on others because
I'm an RN and recognize goofy when I see it. It may evolve to the point
that docs and dentists cease to enter the profession to become
millionaires and instead serve humanity. Could happen. I won't live
that long )