Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Klink! Broken glass!

On 10/30/2012 03:47 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Seriously good idea. I'd not considered that.

Will try it, and see how it goes. I do have a
bunch of those "tea lights". Thank you.

Utter crap; not enough light, don't last long, and the wick gets funky
halfway through.

I'm surprised you don't aren't making your own out of beeswax; it's
extremely simple, and the beeswax candles don't put out carcinogenics
and CO like the paraffin candles.

You basically need two non-consumable things for votives:

The mold:
http://naturalcrafts.glorybee.com/sh...-6-Cavity.html

The wick thingies:
http://naturalcrafts.glorybee.com/sh...-Wick-Pin.html

Then you get a bag of the wick holders:
http://naturalcrafts.glorybee.com/sh...Wick-Tabs.html

Complete your kit with some wick:
http://naturalcrafts.glorybee.com/sh...ng-Medium.html

and beeswax: (I'll bet you have a local source for beeswax), I'm sure
you already know about melting the wax with a double boiler (I use a big
soup can in an old pot).

Once you make a batch, you'll never be out of candles, or quick gifts
for Christmas/Birthdays. As a side benefit, chicks really dig a man who
makes candles - seriously. ;-

Jon