Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Yakking and hogging phone lines

On 10/30/2012 9:20 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 10/30/2012 07:42 AM, George wrote:
On 10/29/2012 4:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks for the field report. Did you try texting?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On my way home today I tried calling at my usual spot along the way,
but the call did not go through. The Bluetooth screen in the car had
a message about the phone connection. I pulled out my phone and it
had on the screen, a message reading

"no carrier available, emergency calls only"

I have no idea if it would work or not.

I travel a lot and have never seen that. Maybe you have some sort of
limited plan that doesn't include roaming onto other carriers except for
911?

I have seem a similar message (from an AT&T phone). Apparently, the only
cell tower it could connect to belongs to a different company that won't
accept connections from AT&T.

That sounds like what I described. Some plans (especially those big box
mart deals) will only work on the native carrier because it costs more
to roam onto another carrier.