Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How long can I run my van without an alternator?

ARW wrote:

Yes, but it takes 50 minutes to swap the battery:-(

On the plus side I do not need headlights in the morning to get to work
and I am quite happy to do a rush hour crawl though a town centre with
just the parking lights on for the journey home (I'll just switch the
headlights on for the last 15 miles home).

The lack of a heater is not a problem as I am working outside all day.

Could you gerry rig a spare in the footwell into the fag socket? It should
take some of the load whilst driving and keep the main one going a bit
longer. Unplug when starting of course

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."