Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mentalguy2k8 Mentalguy2k8 is offline

Default Mobile Phone _ Atomatic Network (Carrier) or not

wrote in message
Hi All,

I bought an Iphone 4 (on O2) a while back and am having problems with
coverage, often have no coverage showing, in settings it was set to
Automatic for the network, Is it a good idea to change this to o2? if
not, why not?

Also, even when I do have 3 "dots" of coverage showing, I still can't send
a text. Do the dots only refer to Voice coverage rahter than Text?

Is this a permanent problem or intermittent? O2 have had a couple of
breakdowns recently.

Try Googling what the Iphone settings should be for O2 text messaging, and
change them if needed. If you've got a signal and can make/receive voice
calls but not send texts, then it's your phone settings that's cocked up.
Assuming your contract has texts included, of course.