Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] stryped1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Electrical service beside bathroom

On Monday, October 29, 2012 12:30:40 PM UTC-5, stryped wrote:
I had my house built about 15 years ago. I have a half bath behind my

laundry room. Anyway It has a shoer and sink. I am debating redoing it

ab putting a bathtub in it and toilet and sink.

My question is, on the other side of the prefab shower wall is the

service entrance to my house in the garage. This passed code but is

this a good idea?

Well, this is the thing. Very small half bath behind laundry room. It is a pre made small shower and mop sink. Because of my growing family. I would like to put a tub/shower in here add a regular sink and toilet. I am trying to figure out if I put a tub/shower in how to configure it without having to run a water line up the same wall the service for the electrical is on the other side of.

Not to change the subject, but I know my shower has one drain. If I put a tub in I will have a drain and an overflow drain. Can these both be in the same line? I am trying to figure out if all this can be done without ripping apart the walls. I have acess beneath the floor in the crawl space. I really dont want to start tearing out drywall.