Posted to alt.home.repair

Default British man sues telemarketers for wasting his time

On 10/30/2012 12:23 AM, Steve B wrote:
Listen to Tom Mabe telephone call. Hilarious. The one about the cemetery
plot telemarketer and the suicidal victim is hilarious, although a little
dark. I love messing with them if I have the time. When they figure out
you cost them fifteen minutes or half an hour, they will definitely take you
off the list.

Some questions to ask any time there is a break in the conversation:

What color is your underwear?

Do you have a dog? I had a dog named Skippy, but I think Dad shot him.

Do you prefer Ovaltine or Count Chocula?

Is your mother dead? I don't know if mine is or not. Dad says she went on
vacation, but that was four years ago, the same time we got a new pool.

Do you know that phones give you ear cancer?

Are you a homosexual?

Do you wash your dog's privates when you give it a bath?

Let your imagination roam. Nothing like being marked off a telemarketer's
call list PERMANENTLY.

Steve

I've picked up the phone and talk to them like a man who's had a stroke.
It really gets hysterical when they go into their sales
pitch and I'm going "Hanng daag mogg goo bagg yugg doo". I can't
help myself at times. When the telemarketers for the local newspaper
call, I put on an act as an excited Chinaman who denies killing the man
and insisting that I already gave my statement to the police and talked
to the reporter and how I wish they would quit calling me about the
bloody murder with the decapitated body and guts pulled out and spread
around the room. ^_^

TDD