Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default O/T: Sandy

On 10/29/2012 9:02 PM, dpb wrote:
On 10/29/2012 8:38 PM, Leon wrote:

Not saying that at all, just saying that the way the storm is being
described it is most likely over emphasized. It is a storm hitting the
US and this is news, make the most of the broadcast exposure as you can.

You can't know that a priori is the point. I don't think NOAA has over
emphasized the potential severity a bit...

I've agreed the 24-hr media of all ilks tends to overblow stuff, but
that's true for everything from pop culture to politics and everything
in between.

If you yourself really mean only that instead of that you don't think
there's a thing to see here and that there's not a possibility of some
really serious consequences, that's something else.

Keep firmly in mind, while watching the TV coverage of this natural
event, that anyone hired based on the size of their tits, looks, or hair
style, is, at absolute best, only competent to _report_, not remark or
opine ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010