Posted to alt.home.repair
Dusenberg Dusenberg is offline

Default Electrical service beside bathroom

On 10/29/2012 1:30 PM, stryped wrote:
I had my house built about 15 years ago. I have a half bath behind my
laundry room. Anyway It has a shoer and sink. I am debating redoing it
ab putting a bathtub in it and toilet and sink.

My question is, on the other side of the prefab shower wall is the
service entrance to my house in the garage. This passed code but is
this a good idea?

There's alot of bathrooms that have one electrical wire behind the
shower wall or two, if there are multiple bedrooms or three way switches.

Plenty of hot tubs or jacuzzis with live electrical connection to the
tub while you shower.

As long as the wall is finished and your plumbing doesn't throw a leak
upwards towards the panel you are fine.

What has you worried?