Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping: Larry Jaques - Re plate Joiner

On 10/29/2012 1:53 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 09:21:47 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/28/2012 4:35 PM, Bill wrote:

Larry, I recall you own some Makita tools, and I know you use your
tools. I was looking at the Makita plate joiner (J7000). If you have a
plate joiner whose precision you are very happy with, I hope that you'll
share with me which one you are using. I'm trying to make sure I choose
one with a reliable fence.

Of course, anyone is free to reply to this thread.

Bill

Most all better brand companies these days make a good plate joiner.
The PC 557 is probably the majority choice. And I have that one too.

Did you choose it because it came with the extra cutter and finish
bisquits for only a bit more money? Besides it being a high quality
tool, of course.

I bought mine as an eeeeearllly type 1. I bought it to replace my 556
plate joiner which was belt drive. IIRC at the time it had the best
fence design. Some design feature of the fence infringed on DeWalts
patent thus Type 2 which everyone disliked. I paid $197 IIRC I do have
the FF cuter but seldom used it.