Posted to rec.woodworking
Roger[_12_] Roger[_12_] is offline

Default O/T: Sandy

On 10/29/2012 8:54 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/28/2012 8:23 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
For all you folks getting ready to crawl into a "huricane hole" and
wait Sandy out,
my thoughts are with you.

Best of luck.

Lew

As are my wishes but my gut is telling me that this is not going to be
the "epic" storm that the forecasters are making it out to be. The
weather people seem to for get that hurricanes need warm water to form
and grow. Typically once a cold front blows through the gulf coast
hurricane season pretty much over. But, hurricane season is not
"officially" over until the calendar says so.

With all the other preparedness, just remember a text message has a
greater chance of going through to let everyone know you survived than
does a voice call. Would suspect a lot of phone lines and power lines
will be down before it is all over with. Good luck !