Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Yakking and hogging phone lines

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 09:20:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Can you cite something that substantiates that?

I'm not saying you're wrong...it's just that that doesn't seem to jive
with the information at this site:

http://transition.fcc.gov/pshs/emerg...tion/tips.html

A number of the tips specifically address how to use a cell phone
during an emergency, how to redial if you don't get through the first
time, etc. There is no indication that they will not work for anything
other than 911 calls.

On my way home today I tried calling at my usual spot along the way,
but the call did not go through. The Bluetooth screen in the car had
a message about the phone connection. I pulled out my phone and it
had on the screen, a message reading

"no carrier available, emergency calls only"

I have no idea if it would work or not.