Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement Parker Knoll Castor

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 20:37:24 +0000, polygonum wrote:

Mother's sofa has a broken castor. As she is a fair distance away, she
posted the broken castor to me so I could try to get a replacement.

Parker Knoll as were are no more, wondering if anyone has any bright
ideas what is the best approach? Have searched around - eBay, Amazon,
web, anywhere I could think - nothing like them yet.

From what I received it is not entirely clear what the whole thing
should be like. I imagine that a standard prong thing should be there -
which goes into a socket on the sofa - but I could be wrong.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/2012...2019.41.32.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/2012...2019.41.44.jpg

I've broken a few like that....the local furniture shop ordered
replacements.

They just pull out of the socket (the vertical pin on the other part not
shown) and you push the new one in.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org