Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Bell wire rating

On 29/10/2012 17:59, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:50:19 -0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 28/10/2012 21:39, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:17:02 -0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 28/10/2012 18:09, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

But a lot of health and safety is about protecting YOURSELF. This is
ludicrous.

So by that reckoning, next time I am in my workshop and put on ear
defenders to protect my hearing, that is ludicrous?

It is ludicrous for your boss to force you to wear them. It is
ludicrous for him to get into trouble for not forcing you to wear them.

It should be up to you to wear them if you wish, it's YOUR hearing.

If you sign a disclaimer giving up the right to litigate in the event of
hearing loss, then perhaps.

You shouldn't have the right to litigate in the first place. Your
hearing is your responsibility, this isn't kindergarten any more.

So if an employer says to the workforce, there no need to wear PPE,
since there is nothing hazardous here. So we don't provide any. Its all
above board even if they know that they air quality or sound levels are
hazardous to their staffs health?

And if someone else does something that you consider dangerous to
yourself, you are free to resign.

Or knee then robustly in the groin and suggest they don't do it again
should they [ever] harbour a desire to propagate their genes.

Are you a caveman?

are you suggest I should club them over the head as well?

Kneeing them in the groin already showed you to be a caveman.

Hardly. If you were repeatedly doing something that was likely to pose a
significant risk to to someone else's well being, and did not modify
your behaviour as a result of verbal or written enlightenment, physical
intervention to drive the point (and your testicles) home sounds quite
reasonable.

--
Cheers,

John.