Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Ping: Larry Jaques - Re plate Joiner

Mike M wrote:
A great
table saw will let you build jigs and other things which will do more
for you then a biscuit cutter or a domino. Really it should be your
primary tool. For some of the projects you've mentioned I would
concentrate on the tool which will likely be the center of your shop.

I would not want to do without mine, but it really depends on what you want
to do. For someone who does a lot of cabinets a table saw is almost a
necessity, although many pro cabinetmakers, who work mostly on site, have
gone to track saws lately.

Someone who wants to concentrate on furniture may well do better spending
money on a top notch bandsaw plus a track saw, especially in a smaller
shop.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)