Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Ping: Larry Jaques - Re plate Joiner

Mike M wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:02:14 -0400, Bill wrote:

Bill wrote:

Larry, I recall you own some Makita tools, and I know you use your
tools. I was looking at the Makita plate joiner (J7000). If you have a
plate joiner whose precision you are very happy with, I hope that you'll
share with me which one you are using. I'm trying to make sure I choose
one with a reliable fence.

Of course, anyone is free to reply to this thread.

Bill

Sorry, that was supposed to be PJ7000.

I've got the PC 557 which has a good fence. To be honest it hasn't
been used in sometime. If I went looking for it and it wasn't there I
would be more worried about not being able to remember what happened
to it. Some of it is having the Domino, but had better luck with
pocket screws, or splines. But that's just my opinion others may
really like and use them.

Now that I have better grasp of what is at stake, I'll try to learn a
little more about the Domino. My first impression is that it appears
"heavier duty". Your post was helpful to me. Thank you!

Bill

Mike M