Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Router quarter round bit operation

On 10/28/2012 6:33 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Need to use the router for a quarter round on a cherry edge. Using 1/2 roundover bit on a 1/4 shank. Can I do this in one pass or do I need to make several passes?

Whether you CAN or not would depend on your upper body and arm strength
as much as the power of the router.

I doubt you'll go wrong though by taking several light passes and
sneaking up on the full ½" How much additional time will it take to do
it slow and correctly and wind up with a nice edge vs. quick and dirty
and maybe having a nice "divot" in your machined edge?