Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Spot Welder

Karl Townsend wrote:

Very nice, how does it work? Does the power control help on thin
sheetmetal? Some sample weld pics? I've got to get one of those spot
welders the next time I've got a 20% coupon. I probably wouldn't use it
too often, but for the odd bit of shetmetal work I bet it would be
invaluable.

I am extremely pleased with the weld on thin stuff. That was the
motivation this. 40 thou stock would just burn a hole, I got great
welds with it set to 180 volt and 2.7 sec on this material.

Pics of welded scrap wouldn't show much. I'll try to take a pic of
rails welded in AK47 or MG42 when i do the project. This was the
project to do the project.

Karl

Sounds interesting, would like to see.

Have you done one of these yet? http://wpnet.us/jack_screws.jpg