Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Thumbscrew for Helios vernier caliper sought

In article ,
wrote:

On Monday, July 25, 2011 10:24:26 AM UTC-7, Jim Stewart wrote:
I believe I have a Helios caliper somewhere that's
damaged beyond repair. I'd be happy to send you
the thumbscrew if it's still on it and it will fit
yours. If you don't hear from me in a day or two,
send me an email to jog my memory.

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I have a nice Helios vernier caliper that lacks only the thumbscrew that
clamps the precision adjuster.

The fine adjusted is the right-hand clamp screw that sticks up in the
upper diagram in
http://www.gagesgalore.com/Fowler/Calipers_Vernier_Selections.htm.

The screwthread appears to be M2.5-0.35mm.

Anyway, anybody have any idea where to get a replacement thumbscrew?

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

Huh? A blast from the past.

Joe Gwinn