Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default tensioning webbing straps

On Oct 28, 8:31*pm, alan wrote:
I'm looking for an alternative, or a different design, for a cam buckle
to tighten a 25mm webbing strap. With the metal cam buckles I currently
have I cannot get enough tension in the strap.
http://www.webbingbucklesstraps.co.uk/cdata/36514/img/36514_1499739.jpg

With this type as the tension in the strap gets tight the friction
between the buckle and strap becomes too great for it to be tightened
any further. Are there any other types that work better. *I only need a
tiny bit more tension in the strap.

I've experimented with a 25mm mini ratchet tensioner and while they work
well they are mechanically too large.
http://www.theratchetshop.com/Mini-Ratchets

I've seen US adverts for roller cam buckles that claim to allow
tightening to x4 to x10 better than *conventional buckle but they are i)
very expensive, ii) don't ship to the UK and iii) don't seem to have
many stockists in the USA (and none in the UK or Europe).

ebay 180985764853

Jim K