Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Wednesday evening

On 2012-10-28, ARW wrote:
I shall be at work until very late.

I am buying nothing for the kids who go trick or treating. The grasping
little Fagins will yet again have no luck when they knock on my door.

One advantage of living down 1/4 mile of unmade, unlit farm track. In 20
years, I think we've had a grand total of about 3 unsolicited callers,
and no trick-or-treaters whatsoever.

It's a lot more civil this side of the pond - and at least in this region
every house has a front porch, and every kid knows from an early age that
they're only supposed to visit houses that have the porch light on. I've
never heard of any incidents of tricking either (by either the caller or
person called on, depending on which way you believe that's supposed to
go)

We live way out in the sticks too though, so don't get a problem with
callers (although it's a good excuse to buy a bunch of chocolates and
then be able to eat them when nobody shows up

cheer

Jules