Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Bell wire rating

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:17:02 -0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 28/10/2012 18:09, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

But a lot of health and safety is about protecting YOURSELF. This is
ludicrous.

So by that reckoning, next time I am in my workshop and put on ear
defenders to protect my hearing, that is ludicrous?

It is ludicrous for your boss to force you to wear them. It is ludicrous for him to get into trouble for not forcing you to wear them.

It should be up to you to wear them if you wish, it's YOUR hearing.

And if someone else does something that you consider dangerous to
yourself, you are free to resign.

Or knee then robustly in the groin and suggest they don't do it again
should they [ever] harbour a desire to propagate their genes.

Are you a caveman?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a person who drives a racing car not called a racist?