Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 2SD2385 + 2SB1556 Transistors

Will wonders never cease ? This place actually has a datasheet ! (they failed me so much I no longer bother, but at the end it said "PDF" so I got it)

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...shiba/3250.pdf

If you really cannot get them you can make Darlingtons, but I don't recommend it. However when you look at the internal diagram you see the the EB junction on a meter is not going to read like a Darlington because of the 100 ihm resistor across the EB junction of the output. You would only see the drop of the driver EB junction. Depending on your meter it might read 0.100 higher, but will not read 1.2 volts as you might expect.

You are not ordering a million of these things, if the right part is a bit more expensive it is worth it. Like someone said B & D, but then I don't know where you are. If not in the US, dealing internationally can be a PITA.