Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Super warm gloves for building

newshound wrote:

On 27/10/2012 20:34, Phil L wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
Can anyone recommend a thin but warm pair of work gloves. Water
proofness is not a requirement. Being able to wield a screwdriver and
spanner is.

The jobs are gutter hanging and window fitting in December :-o

They won't be on for longer than 5 minutes at a time - it's practically
impossible to hold screws, nuts, bolts etc with gloves on

Actually I find you *can* fit screws, nuts, and bolts with the gloves I
suggested. They are not *quite* delicate enough to remove a single screw
easily from a box until you get to about 2 inch No 8's.

Cheers,

I'll give them a try - can always cut the tips off the thumb and first
finger if needs be.

Looking at how the gutter is fitted now, it's probably going to be
coachscrews into piloted holes - and 50% of the job will be marking out and
pilot drilling.

The fiddly bit that the gloves may well impede will be the wibbly little
bolts on the joints. Glad all this is at 7' off the ground

Tim
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."