Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Reaction to walnut and new TV-Stand

On 10/27/2012 2:41 PM, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Lots of ways to approach a frame to hold your casework, just a couple:

Like this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5294748 23234

I didn't realize at first there was more than one picture here! It
looks like it will help give me a "leg up" in my cabinet-making! Thank
you!

LOL ... check for those left and right arrows on anything I post.

There are indeed a lot of cabinets in that album to look at.

Leon and I built and installed that particular job last year ...

Frameless cabinets have a challenge all their own, and it's a tough
market to compete in because, with the precision and tolerances
required, very few can afford to take their time and build each cabinet
individually, then install them to meet the specs as we do ... they are
usually mass produced, with very high equipment costs, which means many
of those who do them often don't survive the inevitable ups and downs of
the industry.

You gotta be brave, or foolish, or both to undertake some of these
projects ... that, and a large measure of problem solving ability,
confident optimism, and the tools to do the job, are just some of the
things we both have in common that seems to gets r' done. :)

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010