andrewpreece

Default Tiles on plasterboard

"Benjamin Aldred" wrote in message

"Jim" (remove $ ) wrote in message
I have a new kitchen to install an, obviously, wife doesn't like the

tiles
the previous owner had. I removed 1with a thin blade scraper and found

that
the removal caused serious damage to the plasterboard. Anyone know of a
better way to do this ?

Score them all with a good hand held tile cutter then tap them with a

hammer
to get them to break in bits. They should peel off a lot easier that way.
Or tile straight on top of them after you've cleaned all the grease off

and
scratched the surfaces to key the new adhesive in.

I've tried banging thin scraper blades down behind them, and cracking them
in situ then removing the bits. Severe plasterboard damage was always the
result. Sorry!

Andy