Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Super warm gloves for building

On 27/10/2012 19:32, Tim Watts wrote:
Can anyone recommend a thin but warm pair of work gloves. Water proofness is
not a requirement. Being able to wield a screwdriver and spanner is.

The jobs are gutter hanging and window fitting in December :-o

Cheers,

Tim

I really like this type

http://www.screwfix.com/p/general-ha...s-gloves/74540

Available all over the place, just picked up the screwfix link for
simplicity.

They give good physical protection while still letting you do fairly
delicate stuff. I've not particularly used them for warmth, but I expect
they would be fairly effective. They are a bit stretchy so the right
size is very close fitting, in contrast to thinsulate or traditional
rigger gloves.

They are quite tough enough for handling blocks and splintery woodwork
or plywood.

Used them this morning (ice on the car) while jacking up a car, handling
various wooden chocks and metal axle stands with concrete block "backup".