Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Etch primer and paint for aluminium

Never painted ali before and I will have some cast ali guttering to repaint.

The plan is to pressure wash the guttering sections on the ground (they will
be off anyway) to remove crud and loose paint. Sound paint stays on.

The finish is to be black.

I'm not sure of what brand of etch primer and top coat to go for.

Also - does it matter if you etch-prime over exisitng paint, or do you just
avoid those parts?

Cheers!

Tim

--