Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Bell wire rating

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 08:54:28 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The old days? Fairy lights still are like that (except the LED
ones).

I suggest you look a little closer.

I think you will find they are double insulated and marked Class
II, not Class O.

I guess I haven't got that new fairy lights then. The wire is
stranded copper with one sheath of plastic. Two such wires glued
together.
No point in making the wire safer, the danger would be from the
flimsy little bulbs which would make up to 240 volts available to
your fingers (or mouth in the case of a baby eating one).
All I'm concerned with is fire, nevermind a little shock now and
then.

Do you remove items from your toaster with metal implements?

I've had several shocks from the mains, it's not dangerous.

And it caused no brain damage at all.

--
Adam