Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Funny Response From Time Warner Cable Regarding Modem

On 10/25/2012 08:21 PM, Han wrote:

[snip]

Mark is wrong and right, and so is Keith (I think). The 100baseT
ActionTec router is still doing the DHCP, although my gigabit DLink is
doing some of the switching. So I believe the whole shebang is really
working at 100baseT. But I'm going by inference. I don't know for sure.

True about the DHCP (and some do DNS too), although that shouldn't
require much speed. That's why I didn't mention that before. You would
get gigabit speed between devices connected to that switch.

BTW, I recently replaced my router. The old one was limited to about
12Mbps for interent, and my ISP got faster than that. The new router
will abow the up to 20Mbps I can get now. It also has 802.11n WiFi and a
gigabit switch. The old router is still there just as an additional
switch for slow devices.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"The moment you alter your perception of yourself and your future, both
you and your future begin to change." -- Marilee Zdenek