Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default refrig ice maker quit working

hr(bob) wrote:
On Oct 26, 6:27 am, "dadiOH" wrote:
Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:31:44 -0400, Jan Philips
wrote:

We had some work done on our kitchen and the refrigerator ice maker
was disconnected for a few weeks. The refrigerator was still
working otherwise. Now, after hooking the water back up, it isn't
making ice. There is definitely water going to the tube, but no
water in the ice tray.

I've tried blowing on the tube to see if I could unclog it, but I
couldn't.

I checked all of the buttons and settings - they are OK. I also
checked the cutoff arm.

I have an air compressor that I was going to use on the tube, but
it has a connection for tires only, so it won't fit the tube.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

My guess is that while you had it disconnected but with the refrig
still running, the water froze in a part of the water line that it
usually doesn't sit in long enough to freeze. I'd turn the fridge
off for as long as you think you can without losing your frozen
stuff and seeing if that "fixes" it.

I agree. We had the problem, let the freezing compartment thaw,
refroze,
all was well.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it
out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net- Hide quoted text -

For my understanding, doesn't the water just sit in the line anyway?
What keeps it from freezing if you don't use the ice cubes for a
couple of days??

Couldn't tell you for sure but my guess is that when the ice maker is
cyclying to make ice it opens a valve, closes it after it gets the water.

--

dadiOH