Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Bell wire rating

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:28:41 +0100, Mark BR wrote:

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article ,
Mark BR wrote:
Can I use 'bell wire' for a room thermostat for the combi boiler, or is
it under-rated for that job?

Perhaps someone is reading the wrong message from "Volts Free Contacts"
which is stated on many thermostats.

I did spend some time wondering what 'volts free' actually meant!

OK I've got some 'proper' 240volt twin flex to wire up the thermostat. Wish
I could find a use for half a roll of bell wire.

Wire speakers up all over the house.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan are the only two Disney animated features in which both the parents are present and don't die throughout the movie.