Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default 2SD2385 + 2SB1556 Transistors

fruittool wrote in message

I've just been done on ebay. Both output transistors on a Kenwood A-97
amplifier had blown. Ordered the pair from ebay, installed them,
working, great. Turned it off to put it back together and noticed the
heatsink was really hot on the repaired side. I found that the base
voltage on both transistors was low. Swapped both transistors from the
good side to the repaired side and its now fine. Put the new ones in the
good side the and now the good side has got hot and all the voltages
have dropped the same as they did when they were on the repaired side.

Does anyone know where i can get a genuine pair of these transistors at
a reasonable price?

--
fruittool

Any external giveaways as yo piracy?

ground surface ?
smudged printing or looks as though logo was stamped with a potatoe die?