Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default easy way to generate an ac signal

On Friday, October 26, 2012 12:20:40 PM UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 26/10/2012 12:14, Onetap wrote:

And how do you know the alternator was not blown BEFORE you tried to

jump start?

FFS!
Because the battery charge light (or whatever it's called) wasn't lit when I last used the car, nor when I restarted it with jump leads. I disconnected the jump leads, the engine spluttered and died. On restarting again with jump leads or a good battery, the lamp was on.

Do you think the alternator was eaten by copper-boring beetles whilst it was parked or can you offer a rational explanation?

Have I stumbled into the UK.dullards newsgroup?